Mosquitos Have Been A Houston Pest Control Problem For Decades –
Mosquito troubles are not new to the Houston area, and in fact they have been an big ongoing problem for many years.
The Schenectady Gazette reported on August 27, 1964 that Houston residents were under serious attack by the bloodthirsty pests.
According to the report, “thousands of residents worked to eradicate female mosquitos blamed for 216 suspected cases of encephalitis – sleeping sickness- since May 12,” where 18 deaths from the disease had already occurred. At that time, other areas in Texas were not faring well against the pests either.
Fast forward to 2012 and add in the threat of West Nile Virus to the mix, and you can see why Houston residents have a potentially dangerous pest that is honing in on their flesh!
Here’s some tips to help eliminate mosquitos around your home:
• Make certain that all standing water is eliminated outdoors as it will provide a breeding ground for mosquito larvae. Make certain to empty all buckets, toys, old tires, watering cans, trash cans, wheel barrows, etc..
The water in bird baths, kiddie pools, pet water bowls, and the like should be emptied a couple of times per week to eliminate the possibility of mosquitos multiplying by laying eggs in the standing water.
• Keeping grass cut short will help eliminate places for mosquitos to hide.
• Keep gutters free of debris will eliminate mosquito breeding grounds.
• Fill ruts and holes in the yard that can gather water when it rains.
• Keep your yard free of leaves. Mosquitos will take advantage of the cup-like shape of leaves and will lay their eggs in the water that gathers in the leaves accordingly.
Experienced Pest control companies in Houston will be able to help keep mosquitos at bay.
Having regular pest control treatments where the perimeter foilage of your property and other resting/breeding areas receives treatment is an important step in keeping mosquitos suppressed.
Take back your home and patio from hungry mosquitoes! Call today and get on our mosquito treatment plan to minimize biting mosquitos around your place.
Call now > 281-370-4772 or 281-440-5355 –
Or visit us at www.protexpest.com for more pest control info.